er

Friday 28 June 2013

Chaos Break (Japan) ISO

Chaos Break (Japan) ISO






Description :

Here it comes: A 3D adventure in real-time rendering!! The enemy is out ot get you! A mystery needs to be solved!! The human race begins its battle with mysterious alien cells that fuse with molecular structures of all kinds...
 
As per the Resident Evils, you're given a choice of two characters to play. Mitsuki looks like a twelve year-old anime version of Jill Valentine, with beret and all, doe-eyed and vaguely cute with her shorts impractically plastered to her arse. Rick on the other hand is quite grotesque in his square way and I recommend against him. They both handle exactly the same (with the only cosmetic difference being their weapons) and in any situation other than running, they are animated dismally, and often hilariously. Characters rotate to face each other without moving their legs. When idle they teleport and flinch between strange poses to give a crappy illusion of life, and swivel their heads madly like arbitrary Linda Blairs. It's hideous. The scenery doesn't fare any better, clipping badly at times, being incorrectly mapped in places so that you can walk through walls, and pissing you off in general. Let me just say that tapping the shoulder button moves the camera around behind you, except when it doesn't, which is at least half the time.

Chaos Break is largely defined by its great empty spaces. (Great meaning 'huge or immense', I use it in the perjorative sense.) And I'm not just talking about the spaces hanging between every painful word uttered by the cast in the excruciatingly acted and... halting... dialogue scenes. I refer to the fact that the player must roam sprawling networks of interminable grey corridors, searching in vain for anything fun to do. If I said that the monsters were spread thin, I would be exercising the fine art of understatement. It's not just that there are almost no monsters, it's that what monsters there are pose no real threat, or at least they don't when you put your laser guns away. Also, they generally look, sound and act stupid. It turns out that it's better to kill everything just by mashing the button for your one little hand-to-hand attack. I found this out by accident the first time I experienced distress that I was running out of ammo. There are slithery alien worms - which admittedly are a little creepy - laughable alien zombies, tree-trunk blob-like things that I don't know what they are, and blue humanoids who are ripped off from Resident Evil's Hunters.

And Chaos Break loves its longeurs. It will make you walk twenty miles and back again through terrain in which absolutely nothing is happening to open a door, then subject you to the same schtick again for the next key. Computer terminals present simple number and swticheroo puzzles which, when solved, don't indicate what part of the environment they have altered (if any? How should I know, it would never tell! They never had any effect that I could discern.) All the while, the Resident Evil Diary-mimicking emails spin out a lame Japlish tale of researchers losing their notes, being stung by wayward security systems and breeding ENORMOUS KILLER RATS; surely the return of the greatest threat ever posed to mankind by mad scientists!

I'll grant them this much - someone worked hard on building suspense for the appearance of The Rat. Having read extensively about the mutant rat 'which changed its colour' in multiple emails for at least half the game, I just knew I was eventually going to meet this creature, and I admit I even felt some trepidation. And meet the rat I did. It was only as big as my character, which is hardly enormous, but I'll concede that it's bigger than your average rat, and the animal's scurrying was sufficiently gross to make me feel twitchy. I flinched when the beast suddenly made a beeline for me... and watched as it promptly got stuck running into a wall, which it couldn't get around. Yes, they forgot to program the rat to turn corners, this animal which is renowned for its ability to solve mazes. So out of pity I opened fire and pasted what had been the one great hope of Chaos Break, but which like the rest of the game, turned out to be crap.

If this game is as facile as I say it is (and it is), you may be wondering by this stage how I became stuck in it. I simply ran out of places to go, and I started being flattened by indecipherable messages. For instance, I'd approach a door whose acquaintance I'd never made before, and try to open it, and be told: 'It isn't here. You have to be quick.' All cynicism aside, I have absolutely no idea what it's talking about here, in any context, and I did think hard on the subject. If it's a bug, it obviously wouldn't be the first I've encountered, but it would be the first fatal one. I tried using every special item I had in every location I could logically think of, and some that I thought of illogically, but to no avail.

It wasn't as if Chaos Break had ever really suggested what I should do at any point on the way through, anyway. I'd just kept exploring, walking for miles, finding keys, solving unremarkable puzzles, laughing and wincing at the spectacular air of poorness, zapping a monster once every fifteen minutes... Eventually you're just worn out and you realise the whole game is pretty unforgiveable, and you can't laugh anymore either. I feel the same way about Chaos Break as I do about eating oysters or tongue-kissing heavy smokers. I've given all three a fair shot, but never again.

In complete isolation, there was one good thing about Chaos Break. The combination of the sound effect of the facility's air-conditioning and one piece of funereal organ music (heavily borrowing in style from Resident Evil, again) actually manages to create an oppressive atmosphere at times. That's it. 
 
 
Link Download :
 


Screenshot :



 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leave comments :D